This week's safety share is on distraction and until last week I didn't realize that it is one of the "4 Dangerous States of Mind". The last two safety shares were on Complacency and Fatigue, they are also part of the "4 Dangerous States Of Mind".
We all know that being distracted in a mining environment can be dangerous to you and the people around you. So here are some tips to keep you focused on the job:
- Create a distraction-free workspace by organizing your heading, equipment, lay down, and your general work area.
- Set daily goals and prioritize your tasks.
- Engage in more challenging work that requires your full attention.
- Take a moment when you get frustrated to relieve stress and refresh your mind.
- Never take your Phone to Work.